Credit Memo to Offset Debit Memo Not Created for Credit Note/Credit Note Request When Matched
Last updated on NOVEMBER 01, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Invoice Matching - Version 13.1 to 13.2 [Release 13.1 to 13.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance Jun-2013
Credit Memo to off set Debit Memo not created for Credit Note (CN)/Credit Note Request (CNR) when matched. At the point of matching a 'perfect' match CN and CNR, the Credit Memo to offset the Debit Memo (created by conversion of late CNR), is created. However, when the matching process involves discrepancy resolution, no offsetting Credit Memo is created.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Make sure that the supplier is a holding supplier. Make sure that void_late_credit_note_requests is set to false in reim.properties.
2. Create a Credit Note Request Cost.
3. Create a Credit Note off the Credit Note Request and modify details in such a way that there is cost discrepancy against the Credit Note.
4. Adjust due date on the documents so it would be prior to vdate (or adjust vdate to be after document vdate).
5. Run Posting. Make sure that the Credit Note got posted and that a Debit Memo got generated for the original Credit Note Request.
6. Match the Credit Note Request/Credit Note and resolve the discrepancy using Debit Memo Cost.
a. Expected: Credit Memo got generated to offset Debit Memo
b. Actual: Credit Memo was not generated to offset Debit Memo
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms