Proration Charges Are Not Getting Applied In The Second Billing Cycle After Changing The DOM
(Doc ID 1316580.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 27, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
Billing day of the month is set wrongly in current billing cycle when DOM is changed in Customer Center.
1. Create a product with Annual Cycle Forward event and attach to a deal, plan with a charge of $100.
2. Create an account with the above plan with 12 months billing cycle. Ex: Created on Feb 10 2011.
Current Billing Cycle -> 10 Feb 2011 - 10 Feb 2012
Next Billing Cycle -> 10 Feb 2012 - 10 Feb 2013
3. Run BILL_NOW to generate a bill immediately after account creation to issue a bill for the coming billing cycle.
4. Now open the account in Customer Center, Payment tab-> Billing cycle & Tax setup and change the billing day of the month from 10th to 15th. Billing cycle is changed as below :
Current Billing Cycle -> 10 Feb 2011 - 15 Feb 2012
Next Billing Cycle -> 15 Feb 2012 - 15 Feb 2013
As per the documentation link BRM Documentation -> Managing Customer Accounts -> Customer Center Help -> Reviewing or changing the billing frequency or billing date ->
* A change to the billing day takes effect in the next billing cycle. BRM prorates all cycle fees for that cycle.
But in the above case, the billing day of month is effective on the current billing cycle too.
Note: Issue does not occur if the account is on Monthly billing cycle. Issue occurs for all other billing cycles ex. quarterly, semi-annual and annual.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document