Rules and Behaviors Receives Error "Gateway Name missing or invalid" when Gateway Event Name contains dash (-)
(Doc ID 1316871.1)
Last updated on MARCH 05, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.0.15 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to add a Rules and Behaviors Gateway Event Behavior the following error occurs:
The dash (-) in the Gateway Event Name causes the Rules and Behaviors to produce the reported error message.
-- Steps To Reproduce --
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to Rules and Behaviors
2. Click Add New
3. Type in Rule Name --> 'Test Gateway Event Behavior'
4. Select Rule Type --> 'PSR Product Service Request'
5. Click Save and Continue
6. Click on Create to right of Gateway Event Behaviors
7. Select What type of gateway event are you defining? --> 'Provisioning Plan'
8. Select How do you want the gateway event to be applied? -->'Add'
9. Select When do you want the event to occur? --> 'Task Generation'
10. Select Which Gateway do you want the event behavior to use? --> 'TEST - TEST - Gateway Event with dash - Out' (select a Gateway Event Name that contains a dash)
11. Select What Task Type do you want to associate with the behavior? --> 'DD'
12. Select How would you like to Auto Signal this event? --> 'Precondition Complete'
13. Select What precondition task must be completed for the event to be initiated? --> 'APP'
14. Click on Save and Close button
15. Receive error "Gateway Name is missing or invalid"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document