When Attempting to Do an Audit Status on Some Changes, the Following Error Occurs: "Duplicate Reference Designators Are Set to Warning or Allowed"
Last updated on AUGUST 21, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Agile Product Collaboration - Version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 9.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to do an audit status on some changes, the following error occurs.
Reference Designator X is already used on Parts WYZ. Duplicate Reference Designators are not allowed.
To not show this as an error at all as the smart rule is set to either allowed or warning.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps.
1. Log in as a user who has the correct privileges.
2. Create 3 parts: p1, p2 and p3
3. Create ECO c1 against part p1
4. Assign default change order workflow to c1 and go to the affected items (AI) tab of c1
5. Redline p1 to add p2 as BOM and edit the Ref Des field to fill in "N/A"
6. Do NOT release c1 but to create another ECO c2 against p1.
7. Assign default change order workflow to c2 and go to AI tab of c2
8. Redline p1 under c2 and add p3 as BOM and edit the Ref Des field to fill in "N/A"
9. Set java client | admin setting | system |smart rule | duplicate Ref Des to be "warning"
10. Release c1 and go to c2 and do an Audit Release will see the message of duplicate reference designators as an error and not a warning.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms