Profile Option MSO: Minimum Supply/Demand Threshold for Pegging is not Working as Expected. Profile option MSC: Use FIFO Pegging set Incorrectly
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Working in a process manufacturing environment where the finished good primary unit of measure is in pounds. There is a demand for a specific quantity, but by the time the manufacturing process is complete, the supply could be more or less than the actual demand. If the shortage or excess is within a particular percent, the customer wants to ignore it (ie, do not generate new planned orders for small quantities or do not peg small excess quantities to other demands).
To accomplish this, have attempted to set the following profile options:
- MSC: Apply shortage and excess tolerance to planned orders to Yes
- MSC: Demand Satisfied Percent Threshold for Pegging = 90
- MSC: Minimum Supply/Demand Percent for Pegging = .1
- MSC: Split Planned Orders for Scheduling Flexibility = Yes
- MSO: Delay Fulfillment of Small Demands = No
- Plan Option: Lot for Lot = No
Here is what they are seeing:
- The onhand is of 3800 is pegged to demand of 3990 on 4/4. No planned orders generated to make up the shortage.
- Batch 83 for 3800 is pegged to demand of 3900 on 4/18. No planned orders generated to make up the shortage.
*** These 2 actions seem correct ***
- Of the 4050 from batch 84, only 3660 is pegged to the demand on 5/2. Why is it leaving Demand of 330 and then generating a planned order for 330 instead? The excess of 390 is then pegged against he 3990 on 5/16.
- A planned order for 3990 is generated on 5/16, but only 3600 is pegged for the reminaing demand on 5/16 since the 390 from batch 84 is already being used for this demand.
- Planned order for 3600 is pegged to demand on 5/30 since 390 from planned order on 5/16 is already pegged to this demand.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms