Inconsistency In UIM When Using Characteristic Specifications With Drop Down List Control Type
Last updated on FEBRUARY 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management - Version 7.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Cartridge: "Test"
- Telephone Number Specification: "MSISDN"
- Party Specification: "Network_Operator"
- Characteristic Specification "char_network_operator", DropDownList-Query: select name from Party where specification.name == "Network_Operator";
- Relation: "char_network_operator" related to "MSISDN"
In UIM UserInterface:
- To install the cartridge
- To create two instances of "Network_Operator": "NetworkOperator1" and "NetworkOperator2"
- To create one instance of "MSISDN", assigning the "NetworkOperator1" value for the "char_network_operator" dropdown Characteristic
- Remove the "NetworkOperator1" instance previously created
- Display the "MSISDN" instance, the "NetworkOperator1" value remains there even though the instance ("NetworkOperator1") was deleted
- Edit the "MSISDN" intance, the "NetworkOperator1" value is not available any more (because the "NetworkOperator1" instance was deleted), regardless other attributed has be modified, save the changes
- Display the "MSISDN" instance, the "NetworkOperator1" value has disappeared.
Customer's desired behavior:
After the networkOperator1 removal the other related entities (MSISDN, in this example) need to be updated with a null value.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms