SPP Plan Does Not Create Planned New Buy Orders
Last updated on MARCH 30, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Service Parts Planning - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Memory Based Planner
Service Parts Plan (SPP) suggests "Planned Orders" instead of "Planned New Buy Orders"
It does not suggest any of the four supply records that SPP recognize.
Since the Order Type of "Planned Order" is not recognized in SPP, these planned orders cannot be released to create Purchase Orders.
When attempting to release the "Planned Order", the following note appears:
Supply records must be one of the following to be selected for release
1. Planned New Buy Order
2. Planned Internal Repair Order
3. Planned External Repair Order
4. Planned Transfer
Expect Service Parts Plan to suggest "Planned New Buy Orders" instead of "Planned Orders"
in the Supply/Demand Analysis page for items where forecast is more than supply (on-hand and Purchase orders).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Responsibility > Service Supply Chain Planner
1. Launch SPP Plan
2. Navigate to Workbench and query item
3. Right-click and choose Supply Demand Analysis
4. Notice there is no supply suggested for the item
5. Go back to query item, right click > Order Detail > Supply and Demand
6. Notice that Order Type: Planned Order was created with correct quantity to satisfy demand
7. Cannot release this Order Type as it is not recognized as a supply record
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms