Last updated on OCTOBER 03, 2011
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version: 220.127.116.11.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is also a system discount which discounts cycle forward fees. When the MCF discount is purchased in the middle of billing cycle, and then the billing is performed, the refund is generated due to discount proration.
However, the (system) discount is not applied to the refund. For next billing cycles, system behaves normally (the system discount is applied to discounted cycle fee when the MCF discount is applied to whole cycle).
- create a system discount, to grant a 100% of cycle forward fees to another resource (non-currency), say 100007
- create another discount model, to offer 10% discount on cycle forward fees
- create a product with /service/ip, cycle forward fees of $100
- Jan 01 : create account and purchase the above product
- bill cycle is Jan 01 to Feb 01
- Feb 01 : run billing for the account
- Feb 15: purchase the discount from step 2
ACTUAL RESULT IS :
After first billing we receive the following balance impacts:
* 200 to EURO (currency)
* -200 to resource 1000007
In step 7, when the discount is purchased, we have the following balance impacts (refund):
* -5.172 to EURO (currency) which is a refund
EXPECTED RESULT IS :
In step 7, when discount is purchased, the system discount should ALSO be applied to the refund generated (-5.172), and so we should get another balance impact after purchasing the discount: (+5.172) to resource 1000007.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms