Impact To Report With Introduction Of New Pay Type
(Doc ID 1340207.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. A BRM (Billing and Revenue Management) user is finalizing the design for the BRM's Web Service component or backend process component for "Online Payment or One-Time Payment" initiative slated for the next release. The Online Payment functionality will not be limited to the targeted subscribers, it will also be in any other systems where they need to facilitate online payment (e.g. Online Activation through credit card, etc).
Any amount collected or received via Online System will be sent to BRM via a Web Service request. The amount forwarded to BRM will be reflected or processed as a "Payment" to the account. A new pay type called Online Credit card will be introduced in the system.
- 1a. What are the reports that will have to be modified or reports that will not capture the payment details of the new payment type ?
- 1b. How is the GL (General Ledger) report going to handle or recognize the payments with new pay type and event type? Will it recognize all these new payment entries similar to the way it recognize existing pay type?
2. How about the AR (Account Receivables) Summary, AR details and Payment Summary in Portal Report. Are they also not dependent on the pay type?
3. What are the opcodes that the user needs to modify to ensure that the payment using new pay type will be captured by these reports?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document