User Group Maintenance Screen Throws an Error if Invalid Users Exist in LDAP
(Doc ID 1340958.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Invoice Matching - Version 13.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance May-2013
In ReIM with LDAP is chosen as the authentication source, in User Group Maintenance screen, choose a Usergroup and click 'Members'. When trying to load all the users from LDAP, the system checks each and every entry in LDAP to see if each user is associated with a valid user_first_name_attribute_name and a user_last_name_attribute_name. If all records do not comply, an error is thrown.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Change user authorization to be LDAP (change authentication_source=LDAP in reim.properties) .
- Configure all the required values in ldap.properties to connect to required LDAP server.
- Create 2 users in LDAP: one user that has all the required ReIM attributes and another user that has some attributes missing. The required attributes are: username, password, firstname, lastname, country, language, email. The names of the attributes are specified in ldap.properties.
- Log in into the application using the user that has all the attributes defined.
- Navigate to User Maintenance screen.
- Select user roles and navigate to User Group Details screen.
- Click on Members button.The system report an error with out listing the user that has all the attributes.
This issue does not arise in DATABASE authentication, as the IM_USER_AUTHORIZATION table has only a defined list of users valid for ReIM.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document