Clearance Price of Item Location Combination Is Extracted Even When It Was Not Downloaded
(Doc ID 1342299.1)
Last updated on MAY 13, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 10.1.12 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS) 10.1.12, the Pccext.pc batch extracts the clearance price of an item location combination even though it was not downloaded.
In Defect 5017512, released with RMS 10.1.16, a fix has been made to fix a scenario where, even the clearances that are not downloaded (to Point of Sale (POS)), they are extracted to RMS pricing tables. This leads to different prices at POS and RMS.
In a later Defect 6230084, released with RMS 10.1.21, the same function in Pccext.pc, that was modified in Defect 5017512 has been moved to Prepost.pc to improve performance of Pccext.pc. However, in doing this the above defect fix for Defect 5017512 was not included.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create two or more items.
2. Create an Item list using the items created above.
3. From Rtkstrt, select Pricing > Clearance.
4. In Pcclfind, select New from the Action drop-down list, enter Price Zone Group, select Item Type as Item List , enter the Item List number and click OK.
5. In Pcclhead, enter the Clearance Description, Reason code and press the Locations button.
6. In Pcstore, enter the Location value and press the Apply button. Navigate to pcclhead and enter the other required fields like Currency, Out of Stock Date, Reset Date, Effective Date etc.
7. Submit and approve the Clearance.
8. From Rtkstrt, select Item >Items. Select 'Edit Item' from the Action drop-down list. Enter one of the items created in Step1 and click OK. From Itemmaster, Navigate to the Itemloc form and make the Status field 'Inactive' for the location value added in Step 6.
9. Run Pccdnld.pc and note that in the POS_MODS table, the Inactive item has not been downloaded.
10. Make the item/loc combination 'Active' in the form itemloc.
11. Now run the Pccext.pc. Note that the price of the item/loc combination changes in ITEM_LOC and PRICE_HIST table even though there is no record of price change in the POS_MODS table updated by Pccdnld.pc batch. This leads to different prices at POS and RMS.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document