Oracle XE Database Has Reached the 4GB Limitation Causing Login Failure Or Inability to Save Data (ORA-12952)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 20, 2018
Applies to:Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 7.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle XE has reached the maximum size limitation (4GB) it is designed to allow, and as a result the following issues can occur:
- Inability to save data.
- Inability to login to P6.
- Your database size has reached xx.x percent of the maximum database size allowed. Please take appropriate action.
- Error: "PRM DBAccess Error: ORA-30036: unable to extend segment by X in undo tablespace 'UNDO'" when deleting a project in P6.
- Event Code PPSUP-3288-4
PasteProjectUsingSP returned error -1
Error inserting into TASK
ORA-12952: The request exceeds the maximum allowed database size of 4 GB
- PRM DBAccess Error: ORA-12952: The request exceeds the maximum allowed database size of 4 GB
ORA-06512: at "ADMPRM$PM.RT_ACTVCODE_DEL", line 3
ORA-04088: error during execution of trigger 'ADMPRM$PM.RT_ACTVCODE_DEL'
- When attempting to login to P6, the following error occurs: UPDATE ADMPRM$PM.taskpred SET DELETE_SESSION_ID =:DELETE_SESSION_ID, DELETE_DATE =:DELETE_DATE WHERE DELETE_SESSION_ID IS NULL AND task_pred_id=:task_pred_id
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms