Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control - Version 4.3.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 18-09-2013***
***Checked for relevance on 23-03-2015***
1. This problem will only occur on SMS machines with CCS CDR partitioning active.
2. The example used is a clustered SMS environment. This failure may not be possible on a stand-alone SMS.
NCC processes will exhibit a range of different symptoms, all as a result of replication not working.
- Account/configuration changes made using the SMS screens are not replicated to the SLC/VWS nodes
- Control Plan changes do not effect the SLC nodes
- Message Manager schema changes do not take effect on the SLC nodes
- PI BPL commands "time out" with the following error in syslog or /IN/service_packages/PI/tmp/PImanager.log:
CCSBPL=EXE:NACK:123-BPL error code: Max Retries Exceeded for Request
- Some PI commands will not work or generate errors, often from the VWS
Note: This list contains some, not all, of the possible symptoms. The exact symptoms will vary depending on what services/functionality is used.
There may also be errors reported in the database alert log. This is one example:
Thu Apr 21 19:15:08 2011 Errors in file /u01/app/oracle/admin/SMF1/udump/smf1_ora_24387.trc: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: , , , , , , , 
$ORACLE_BASE/admin/SMF/bdump/alert_SMF.logThat the database SID (SMF in this case) is used as part of the path AND the alert log file name. It varies depending on the type of machine:
- On SMS it is SMF
- On SLCs it is SCP
- On VWS it is E2BE
And the trace file mentioned in the alert log example above may contain:
kgxgncin: CLSS init failed with status 21
kjfmsgr: unable to connect to NM for reg in shared group
*** 2011-04-21 19:15:08.637
ksedmp: internal or fatal error
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: , , , , , , , 
Current SQL statement for this session:
ALTER SYSTEM SET JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES=0
The database trace files or any application log file may also contain this error:
ORA-29701: unable to connect to Cluster Manager
In this particular case, on a clustered SMS, there was a database error that triggered the problem.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms