Last updated on SEPTEMBER 12, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control - Version 4.3.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
How to identify the symptom?
This issue can be identified by analyzing this following information from Billing Engine (BE) Event Data Record (EDR):
1. What balance types which are involved during the rating, this can refer to the BALANCE_TYPES Tag.
2. The value of previous balances, this can refer to BALANCES Tag.
3. And the final charges which have been applied for the transaction, this can refer to COSTS Tag.
What is the symptom?
Once you have collected above information, you can confirm the issue exists if the costs which have been deducted for the particular balance type is greater than the previous balance.
Please refer to this following example as the glance of BE EDR:
Above example shows:
1. The particular transaction involves 2 balance types which are balance type id 50 and 761
2. Previous balance for each balance types are:
- Previous balance for balance type id 50 is 100
- Previous balance for balance type id 761 is 100
3. The costs that have been applied:
- Cost applied for balance type id 50 is 64
- Cost applied for balance type id 761 is 112
This is the symptom, where the total cost 112 is greater than previous balance 100. It means the final balance for balance type 761 will be negative (-12)
Enable mid-session commit and balance cascade within tariff configuration.
1) From SMS Screen, click Services Menu
2) Then click ChargingMax -> Rating Management
3) On Rating Management menu click CLI-DN tabs to search the tariff configuration for the particular CLI (A#) and DN (B#)
4) Once you manage to find out the tariff configuration, you will see the result as row. Just click on that row and press the Edit button to view the details.
5) The example of CLI-DN tariff can be seen as follows: