ReSA Does Not Export Sales to RDW When Multiple RTLOG Files of Same Store Day Were Uploaded on Different Days
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Sales Audit - Version 11.0.16 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Merged other articles, 976932.1 and 741053.1, of various other releases into this article.
The batch SAEXPRDW.PC (Sales Audit Export to RDW) does not export sales transactions of the same store/day to Oracle Retail Data Warehouse (RDW) when more than 2 RTLOGs are loaded in different days. RTLOG files with late sales may come on different days. In this scenario, Retail Sales Audit (ReSA) does not create RDWT* files. Only one RDWT* gets created per store/day, irrespective of the number of RTLOGs getting loaded on different days.
We find that the batch SAPREPOST.PC of SAEXPRMS.PC (Sales Audit Export to RMS) creates the next sequence number on SA_EXPORT_LOG table and sets the status to 'R' (Ready to be exported) until the store closes. As a result, files get fully loaded. Hence the export to Retail Merchandising System (RMS) works fine; we require a similar concept for the Retail Data Warehouse (RDW) export.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Choose a store/day to be tested.
- Make sure this store/day has multiple RTLOG sales transactions files.
2. Run SASTDYCR.PC for that business date.
- Note the SA_EXPORT_LOG table. For both RMS and RDW the status is 'R' and starts with 1 sequence number.
3. Load the first RTLOG sales file in ReSA.
4. Run all the relevant ReSA jobs.
5. Run SAEXPRMS.PC and SAEXPRDW.PC.
6. Run the SAPREPOST.PC job of SAEXPRMS.PC with the post function.
7. Run a SELECT query on SA_EXPORT_LOG table.
- You will notice that the first sequence of RDW has a status of 'E'.
- For RMS, there are 2 sequence numbers: the first sequence has a status of 'E' and the second sequence has a status of 'R'.
- This shows that RMS is ready to export again but NOT RDW.
8. Check the file output directory.
- You will see that both POSU and RDWT* files get created for the first RTLOG.
- This works fine.
9. Change the VDATE in RMS to the next day.
10. Load the second RTLOG late sales file in ReSA.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms