Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Item-Supplier screen, there is a date field called 'Discontinued Date'.
It is expected that after the discontinued date is filled in, the user cannot issue Purchase Order (PO) for the item-supplier anymore, because of the discontinued date.
However, currently, the discontinued date does not drive the ordering control. Even if the discontinued date is filled in, the user can still issue PO for the item-supplier.
1. Item A usually ordered from supplier X.
2. Later on, supplier Y start supplying item A to you at a lower cost
3. Then supplier X finds that selling Item A is not earning good margin and not having good volume with you. Therefore, the supplier X decides to discontinue supplying Item A to you.
4. Note that Supplier X is still working with you for other items B, C, D, etc
5. Also, Supplier Y is still supplying Item A to you.
Currently It can not be supported by SUPP_DISCONTINUE_DATE.
This will be useful for central negotiations. When we do not get the desired conditions for a certain brand or product group or individual items you will source the products from another (cheaper) supplier. This indicator needs to be flexible since it might be that the supplier will reduce the cost after realizing that the orders for that item (brand) stopped. If you cannot block it stores will continue to order and you cannot put pressure on the supplier.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms