ASAP 7.0 - NE Loopback Setting Is Not Taking Precedence Over the Global Setting
(Doc ID 1363597.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications ASAP - Version 7.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using ASAP 7.0, the problem scenario being experienced is;
- A LOOPBACK_ON parameter is set to 1 in the ASAP.cfg file which means keeping the system in LOOPBACK mode and none of the configuration goes to the network.
- Now to perform some real testing , the LOOPBACK setting in ASAP.cfg is changedf and we perform our testing which talks to network for real.
This is all working fine until now and we have this new requirement where :
- System should function in Dual mode, meaning that for some specific NEs we want the system to send config to the router and for rest of the NEs we want system to function in LOOPBACK mode.
To do so we have tried the following steps:
- We can set loopback at device level as well, so we have changed ASAP.cfg to stay in LOOPBACK mode & at the same time we have changed device LOOPBACK to OFF using asap_utils [option 37]
- By doing so we have system in LOOPBACK mode and some specific NE in Real mode [or LOOPBACK set to OFF for specific devices] - this means for changed loopback devices config should go to network and remaining should function in loopback mode.
- But our testing confirms that it is not working that way..none of config for changed devices via asap_utils is going to network.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document