Why Is Need Zero When Using A Plan Setup?
Last updated on DECEMBER 21, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Retail Allocation - Version 13.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When allocating using Plan as rule and choosing a Date Range which does not contain an "End Of Week" day, need is zeroed.
- Define a plan data for "Item A" in the ALC_PLAN table setting need quantity to 100 to store "Store B" and EOW_DATE in a Saturday (for example purposes, 09/24/2011 - mm/dd/yyyy).
- Create an allocation select "Item A" and "Store B" as the location.
- Select the Date Range Start and End as 09/18/2011 and 09/24/2011 (mm/dd/yyyy) respectively and start allocation calculation.
- Note that the Gross Need is calculated as 100, as expected.
- Change Date Range Start and End to any combination of dates between 09/18/2011 and 09/23/2011 and start allocation calculation.
- Problem 1: Gross Need is zeroed even though the week has the need of 100.
- Change Date Range Start and End to 09/24/2011 and 09/24/2011 respectively and start allocation calculation.
- Gross Need is calculated as 100, assuming the whole week need for one single day.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms