Intermittent Presence Issue in Federation in Instant Messaging
(Doc ID 1364802.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 15, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Communications Instant Messaging Server - Version 8.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 8.0.0 to 9.0.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The presence issue seems to be intermittent and works sometimes. Below are the use cases:
Use Case1 - Between Oracle IM server- user presence works fine.
Use Case2 - Oracle IM user <IM_USER>@<DOMAIN> and jabber user <JABBER_USER>@<DOMAIN> where the issue is User gets 2 requests in Adium.
Following are steps to reproduce:
1. Clean all buddy list and verified sunIMRoster entries for user <IM_USER> are clean and same with jabber user <JABBER_USER> on <DOMAIN>
2. Connect to oracle IM and add user <JABBER_USER>@<DOMAIN> User gets 2 requests in Adium
3. User accepts both requests but we still see waiting for authorizations.
4. I restarted my client <IM_USER>@<DOMAIN> and I get request authorization request at that time.
5. I accepted but still not online
6. Both Users quit and log back in.
7. Again I get pending authorization request and when I accept we both are shown as online.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document