DAT_ItemAssign Returns Zero for /item/sponsor on DB Fault
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 19, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 7.2.1 to 7.4.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 03-Jul-2014***
***Checked for relevance on 06-Apr-2016***
A DB system tablespace got full on BRM database. During that time, /item/sponsor value is populated with zero POID value in Pipeline rated output files.
1. Restart the Pipeline every day before starting the rating.
2. In table item_config_types_t /item/sponsor is not configured.
It means POIDs for this item type will not loaded during the Pipeline start.
3. When the CDR rating impacts the /item/sponsor for an account, DAT_ItemAssign returns the new POID from the reserved pool.
4. In this way, there is new /item/sponsor POID created per account for every day.
5. ItemPoidReservedRangeUnitSize in DAT_ItemAssign is configured with default value of 10000.
It is suspected that all 10000 reserved POIDs are completed and while DAT_ItemAssign tries to get new set of POIDs, it got zero values because of the DB issue.
In any case, DAT_ItemAssign should never return a zero value.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms