Last updated on NOVEMBER 21, 2011
Applies to:Oracle Financial Services Profitability Management - Version: 5.6
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications Infrastructure (OFSAAI) - Version 7.2
Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA) - Version 5.x
1. On the term deposit account level (id_number, as_of_date), the engine is using the source amount from the ledger stat only for the current grouped combination of org_unit_id and product_id.
2. Driver factor for percent distribution is calculated incorrectly in the case of using matching dimensions (org unit and products).
Engine will generate sum (DAB_SHARE) over () - for all term deposit table data for current as_of_date which is not correct. The percent distribution should be calculated only using the current account row org_unit_id and product_id, because the source amount from the ledger stat is only for this combination of org_unit_id and product_id.
/* Wrong: */
-1563.05766386 * 0.00000230846011877733555506325283/ 0.6930521046124816625273589882952
Target amount result: -0.005
If allocated target amounts are summed in term deposits for the current as of date period, the amount is very small and not nearly equal to the source amount from the ledger.
-1563.05766386 is source amount from the ledger stat for one combination of ORG_UNIT_ID+PRODUCT_ID
0.6930521046124816625273589882952 is sum (DAB_SHARE) from the term deposits for all table data for the current as_of_date.
Trying to allocate source amount (ledger stat, financial_elem_id=10161, this data in the ledger stat is grouped by org_unit_id and product_id) using driver as term deposits column DAB_SHARE and percent distribution type and allocate results put in the term deposit table in the DEPOSIT_INSURANCE column. Expect that using Match Source And Driver in the target debit output (for output we used term deposit instrument table as mentioned) the results of allocation are correct.
/* Should be calculated like this */
-1563.05766386 * 0.00000230846011877733555506325283/ 0.000225
Target amount result: -16.03
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a simple allocation with dynamic driver type using:
Source: ledger stat
Driver: Term deposits DAB_SHARE column using percent distribution
Output (only debit): Term deposits DEPOSIT_INSURANCE column
Match Source & Driver: Org. unit and Product
Same As Driver: All other Dimensions
2. Start allocation for the current as of date
3. No errors, but the results are incorrect.
4. Analyze log from the allocations - the target amount is not correct when using matching dimensions in the output screen, so all the allocated amounts are very small.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms