Last updated on JULY 12, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 126.96.36.199 to 1.10.0 [Release 1.8 to 1.10]
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 188.8.131.52 to 1.10.0 [Release 1.8 to 1.10]
Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 1.10.0 to 1.12.0 [Release 1.10 to 1.12]
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 1.10.0 to 1.12.0 [Release 1.10 to 1.12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
How do we setup Control Zone Groups?
If you have a group of Control Zones you are frequently responsible for, your system administrator can create a predefined Control Zone Group to use as a shortcut when you take authority. The groups are set up with a predefined name. The Network Management Systems (NMS) Users Guide only covers how to use them:
To join a Control Zone Group in Web Workspace, complete these steps:
- Select Zone Groups from the Authority tool’s Filter menu to view the Authority Group table
- Select one or more rows from the Authority Group table. If the list of Authority Groups is long, you may use the filter box above the Authority Group title to find the desired group.
- Click the Subscribe button or select Subscribe... from the Actions menu. The Subscribe dialog box opens.
- If applicable, un-select any control zones in the Authority Group that you do not wish to subscribe to.
- Click Subscribe. You are now subscribed to the selected zone(s).
To join a Control Zone Group in Operator's Workspace, complete these steps:
- Click on the Groups button on the Authority window. A dialog box opens displaying the available groups.
- Click the group you wish to join.
- Click the OK button to join the group and close the dialog box.
- Click the Apply button to join the group and keep the dialog box open.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms