Not All Sales Are Posting to the General Ledger (GL)
(Doc ID 1386135.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Sales Audit - Version 12.0.10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Sales Audit (ReSA), not all sales total are posting to the General Ledger (GL). There are cases where some missing sales have to be applied to Sales Audit after the fact.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Pull in sales for a given store/day and submit those sales to Retail Sales Audit (ReSA).
- Close/audit that store/day.
- Once that is done, have some additional sales (usually due to a POS system issue) that need to be added to this store/day.
- Insert the missing/recovered sales into Sales Audit.
- Note that the added sales can be seen in the sales audit tables, but the updated totals are never reflected in GL.
This is causing issues in the accounting department requiring "journal entries" to keep the books straight. (Stores having "missing sales" that have to be added after a given store/day is closed/audited is a common occurrence.)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document