Dynamic List Types Error When It's Value Name Was Changed From One Database To Another.
(Doc ID 1388154.1)
Last updated on JULY 17, 2017
Applies to:Primavera Portfolio Management - Version 7.5 SP2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 7.5 SP2 version, Form Module
When attempting to export Dynamic List from one database to another by changing the name of it's value, the following error occurs.
Unable to use value 'xxxxx'
The value 'xxxxx' has been previously removed from
this value list and may be currently in use by the system.
Please specify a different name.
1. Create a form that uses the dynamic list type (e.g abc) and other list name.
2. Add several subitems with that list.
3. Backup the DB.
4. Change the name of the dynamic list type used in #1. (i.e change name from abc to xyz)
5. Export a package with the modified dynamic list type.
6. Restore the DB that has the original value list.
7. Import the package.
8. Go to the item/form you used in #2. Open the wizard to edit the dynamic list. You will see the original name of the dynamic list type (i.e abc). It should have changed, to the revised name because the updated dynamic list type was imported.
9. Click the drop down arrow for selecting a dynamic list value. You will see the new, imported name (xyz). The old name is not an option, even though it appears at the top of the drop-down list.
10. Select the new name. Go back to the form and you will see all the subitems have disappeared - even though it has the same weight as the original. The subitems should still remain.
11. Now go to the dynamic value list in Setup and try to change the name back to the original name. You will get the ProSight error that the value already existed.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot export Dynamic List from one environment to another.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document