Why Is the Change in Unit Cost of an Item During DSD Receiving Not Reflected in RK_ORDER_ITM Table?
(Doc ID 1390122.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 12 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance Aug 2013
For a direct delivery against a newly created Purchase Order (PO) in Store Inventory Management (SIM), when the unit cost is modified, it is getting updated in the RK_SHIPMENT_ITEM - but not in the RK_ORDER_ITM table. Why the discrepancy?
Steps to Reproduce:
- Navigate to Shipping/Receiving => Create New.
- Select Supplier and for the Purchase Order select New.
- Add an Item.
- Edit the unit cost of the item (say, from $10.00 to $11.00)
- Enter the quantity and confirm the delivery.
- Notice that the unit cost of the item in RK_SHIPMENT_ITEM is updated to $11, but RK_ORDER_ITEM.UNIT_COST still shows $10.
As per the data model, RK_ORDER_ITEM.UNIT_COST should hold the unit cost of the item for the specific purchase order. So, it is expected to have the updated unit cost.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!