Oracle iLearning Release 6.0 Documentation
(Doc ID 1390451.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2021
Applies to:Oracle iLearning - Version 5.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle iLearning Release 6.0 provides the following features:
- Learners can recommend a course when they search or browse for new courses, or before and after they enroll in an offering for the course. Recommend this Course feature is available from the Content Details and Offering Details pages.
- A Quick Links bin lets learners navigate to different resources outside iLearning. Administrators can add links to enable learners to navigate to different resources outside iLearning. The Quick Links feature is available in the More Options for a site. The Quick Links page helps administrators to add links, modify properties, or delete links. Administrators can also reorder the appearance of links.
- Availability of 'Suspend All' button from the Player when SCORM 2004 compliant content (Tracking Type of the RCO is set to SCORM 2004) is played. This bookmarks and suspends the course, so that the users can return to the topic that they last played and can relaunch from where they left off the course.
- Learners can now view the due date for a certification in the My Integrated Learning page. If there are no certifications for any of the offerings, then the Cert Due Date column will be blank. They can also view the due date and certification status for their certification offerings in the Integrated Learning Details page.
- All bins shown on the Learner Home page (Overview) will also be shown on the following subpages:
- iLearning Paths
- Integrated Learning
- Learners can hide their email on the Learners Profile page to opt out of receiving email from enrolled users.
For iLearning Administrators:
- Administrators can attach documents when updating performance of a learner. Using the 'Allow Learner to view attached document' check box, the administrator can control whether the learner can view the attached document. Learners and managers can view attached documents in the Learner Transcripts page using the Attachment icon in the Completed Courses section.
- Administrators can view the rating average for courses using the Rating - Shared report. The input parameters include course name, from and to dates, course score lower and upper limits. The report output includes course title, average score for each course and number of ratings for a course. The results are sorted by course title.
- In the administrator interface, the subtab User is now Manage Users. The Users link in the Users option menu is now 'Show Site Users'.
For System Administrators:
- System Administrators can now optionally run a batch job for a single site.
- The existing Workflow engine is replaced by the workflow functionality built into iLearning. Note: If you are upgrading from 5.2.1 or 5.2, then the current Workflow approvals will not be migrated to the new iLearning approval functionality in 6.0. All approval requests that are currently awaiting approval through the workflow engine must be approved before migrating. Enrollments must be re-requested for any unapproved request.
- SCORM course performance is updated immediately instead of waiting for the CMI call Finish. This change enables the course status to be saved if the network goes down while a learner is taking a course.
iLearning 6.0 release also includes the following features released as part of the following patches:
- October 2010 patch: 9380246, which was released on iLearning 5.2.1. This patch includes the following features:
- Perform mass update of offerings for a learner in a single process.
- Select initial page for learner after login.
- April 2011 patch 11939490 released on iLearning 5.2.1: This patch includes some significant features:
- Learners can view who has enrolled in an offering before or after their enrollment in a new Enrolled Learners region in the Offering Details page.
- Administrator can copy performance history from one user account to another.
This document is aimed at implementers, functional consultants, and support teams.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document