Last updated on SEPTEMBER 21, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version: 18.104.22.168.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1) Create an account A1 with Open Item Accounting Method.
2) Move the PVT by one month. Bill, and invoice this account (B1, Inv-1).
Assume the bill generated for $1000
3) Move the PVT by one month ahead. Bill and invoice this account (B2, Inv-2).
Say bill generated for $900
4) Make a payment of $1000 against B1, Inv-1 through Payment Tool,.
5) Make an event level adjustment of $10 for bill B1.
This adjustment is allocated to the bill B1.
The invoice was overpaid. The only way that we could transfer the overpayment amount was to raise a debit adjustment to take funds off the invoice and to apply a corresponding credit adjustment to another invoice. There is no traceability with this process, because these two adjustments are not linked. A process must be identified to allow the original payment to be reallocated.
The act of creating the Event Adjustment should have automatically transferred $10 (the overpayment amount) from the invoice into an unallocated area, and Customer Center should have then allowed the user to allocate the overpayment to another invoice.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms