"The Sum of the Merchandise and Non-Merchandise Tax Is Not Within Tolerance" Error When Creating Invoices
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Invoice Matching - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Not able to create invoice due to the following error:
Instructions to Re-create:
1. Create an order with one item having 348 quantity and 4.27 unit cost.
2. Ship and receive full order.
3. Log in to ReIM.
4. Set the 'Calc Tolerance' to 0 percent in System Options.
5. Navigate to 'Invoice Maintenance Header'.
6. Enter 'Total Cost Ex Tax' as 1485.96.
7. In tax break down dialog enter 'Ex Tax Basis' as 1485.96 for the tax code having tax rate as 20 so that 'Tax Amounts' will be 297.19.
8. Enter 'Total Cost Inc Tax' as 1783.15 and 'Invoice Qty' as 348.
9. Click on Details button and Navigate to 'Invoice Maintenance Detail' screen.
10. Select the receipt and click on 'Default from Receipts' button.
11. Update the tax code of the item to the tax code having tax rate as 20.
12. Click OK. Error occurs.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms