Previous_Total On Invoice XML File Is Not Correct When Payment Is Applied In Delayed Period
Last updated on OCTOBER 25, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 7.4.0 to 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 14-Jan-2014***
*** Checked for relevance on 10-18-2016 ***
*** Checked for relevance on 10-25-2016 ***
The following issue is found in BRM 7.4 release.
Issue #1: When a payment/adjustment is applied in the delayed period, the payment/adjustment is not shown in the invoice, but the amount is reflected in the prevous_total.
Issue #2: When a payment/adjustment is applied in the delayed period, and the amount is larger than the debit amount for the account, the previous_total on invoice XML is shown as "0", instead of a negative amount.
Previous_totals amount is affected only by the allocated amount of payments/adjustments made in delayed period, instead of the full payment/adjustment amount.
For example, an account has DOM=1, billing delay is 5 days.
October billing is done. The account has $1060 balance.
1) On Oct 20, 2010, make a payment of $200.
2) On Nov 4, 2010 (during delayed period), make another payment of $300
3) Move PVT forward to after Nov 6, run billing and generate the invoice. The invoice XML has the following:
CURRENT_TOTAL=0 (No charges were generated for this account on the period)
The payment made on Nov 4th should not have been included in PREVIOUS_TOTAL.
4) On Nov 20, 2010, an account adjustment is created for -$400
5) On Dec 3, 2010 (during delay) an account adjustment is created for -$250.
6) Move PVT out of the delay period, and billing and invoicing is run.
7) The invoice XML has the following:
CURRENT_TOTAL=$2,320 (Charges were generated for this account on the period)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms