Cycle Forward Proration Is Not Working In Multi-Tier Rate Configuration
Last updated on APRIL 28, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 7.3.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 04-Aug-2013***
When product is configured with multi-tier rating and monthly charge is part month, BRM is calculating in-correct charges and it is same behavior with monthly charge refund.
1) Create a product with multi-tier rating with tier 1 (0-24 months $169 per month) and tier 2 (24 - onward $298 per month). Check the Over-ride credit limit and proration.
2) Create customer on July 10, 2011. BDOM on 1st.
3) Move pvt to July 1, 2013, Run billing. Bill run on July 1, 2013 creates a bill equal to (49.06 + 211.48 =~ 260.55). This is due to tier rating that we see two balance impacts here.
4) Move pvt to July 5, 2013 and cancel the product.
5) Move pvt to Aug 1, 2013, Run billing.
6) A refund of -$259.55 is made. This refund is wrong
The expected refund should be = (0.87097-0.70968)x$169+0.70968x$298= $27.26+$211.48 = -$238.74
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms