Subscribing to Fixed Date PCs on the Reference Date Extends the PC by the Periodicity Irrespective of chargeTimeGMTHours Parameter
(Doc ID 1406334.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control - Version 2.4.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
One could want to have a Periodic Charge (PC) occurring every month at midnight on a fixed date in the country in which the Mobile Network Operator is.
All the Network Charging and Control servers and applications have been designed considering that the Server's Operating System is running in GMT time.
The parameter chargeTimeGMTHours can be defined in the eserv.config configuration file to give a certain offset to the actual charge time at which the charging of the periodic charge will occur.
However, anyone using the chargeTimeGMTHours parameter must do so with caution.
The chargeTimeGMTHours is used for calculation of the charging time, but it is not taken into consideration for calculation of the first occurrence of the charge.
If there is a fixed Periodic Charge on a given date (say the 14th day of each Month) and an offset for the charge (say 12 hours) set up with the chargeTimeGMTHours parameter, the first_charge date of the periodic charge will be on the next month, even if the subscriber subscribes in the time lapse between 0:00 and the chargeTimeGMTHours offset (between 0:00 and 12:00 in our example).
Sample behavior for the following scenario:
- chargeTimeGMTHours set to 12
- Fixed Periodic Charge set to monthly and with 14th of each month as day of the month
- Example month is January
* If subscription date is between the 14th of December and the 13th of January, inclusive, then the next charge date will be the 14th of January
* If the subscription date is on the 14th of January - irrespective of whether it is before or after the chargeTimeGMTHours offset - then the next charge date will be the 14th of February
* If the subscription date is after the 14th of January (but before the 14th of February), then the next charge date will be the 14th of February
Introduction of the chargeTimeGMTHours parameter in the eserv.config configuration file on the Voucher and Wallet Servers.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document