RECEIVING MODULE STATES TRANSACTIONS ARE SAVED, WHEN THEY ARE NOT
(Doc ID 1411369.1)
Last updated on MARCH 26, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Management - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When there is a discrepancy between the amount that is returned and the the actual quantity of the item in the storeroom, which can occur when there is a physical inventory adjustment between when the item was received and the purchasing person getting around to making the return of the unneeded item in the system, the application gives a message that it saved the transaction, but no quantity was adjusted.
Instead of the message 'FRM-40400-Transaction complete. 1 records applied and Saved', the application should provide a unique error messages so that the user understands why the return is unable to be processed - which in this case is because there is not sufficient quantity in the storeroom.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new Inventory Catalog item. Place it in a Storeroom.
2. Create a Purchase Order for the stock item for a Quantity of 2
3. Approve and Issue the PO
4. Receive the entire quantity (2) in the Receiving module
5. Storeroom record will show an Available quantity of 2
6. Create a Physical Inventory record against the item. Enter a Count of 1 and choose to Adjust Stores
7. Storeroom record will now show an Available quantity of 1
8. In the Receiving module, attempt to Return a quantity of 2. When the Save button is selected, the application returns the message 'FRM-40400-Transaction complete. 1 records applied and Saved, when in actuality the return was never processed since there is insufficient quantity in the Storeroom.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document