RECEIVING MODULE STATES TRANSACTIONS ARE SAVED, WHEN THEY ARE NOT
Last updated on OCTOBER 16, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Management - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When there is a discrepancy between the amount that is returned and the the actual quantity of the item in the storeroom, which can occur when there is a physical inventory adjustment between when the item was received and the purchasing person getting around to making the return of the unneeded item in the system, the application gives a message that it saved the transaction, but no quantity was adjusted.
Instead of the message 'FRM-40400-Transaction complete. 1 records applied and Saved', the application should provide a unique error messages so that the user understands why the return is unable to be processed - which in this case is because there is not sufficient quantity in the storeroom.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new Inventory Catalog item. Place it in a Storeroom.
2. Create a Purchase Order for the stock item for a Quantity of 2
3. Approve and Issue the PO
4. Receive the entire quantity (2) in the Receiving module
5. Storeroom record will show an Available quantity of 2
6. Create a Physical Inventory record against the item. Enter a Count of 1 and choose to Adjust Stores
7. Storeroom record will now show an Available quantity of 1
8. In the Receiving module, attempt to Return a quantity of 2. When the Save button is selected, the application returns the message 'FRM-40400-Transaction complete. 1 records applied and Saved, when in actuality the return was never processed since there is insufficient quantity in the Storeroom.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms