Incorrect Taxes Calculated On Event Level Adjustment With Multiple Services
(Doc ID 1414483.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 21, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 7.4.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an event level adjustment happens on an account with products on an end of cycle taxes it seems to change the amount of the adjustment and return the wrong amount for the tax adjustment event.
Steps to reproduce
1. Create price plan with two different services, charge in advance , taxes at end of cycle with different tax codes
2. Create account using the plan
3. Bill account with bill now
4. Do an event level adjustment using opcode for the event
More detailed steps
1) load the necessary file for tax (tax_supplier_map and taxcodes_map)
2) check the validity in the tax codes_map file for say cycle and usage so that the tax are getting applied
3) Make sure the pvt and the system time is same here (Jan-19-2012)
4) Create a plan with two services :
/service/ip -> scaled amt as $20 with tax supplier as cycle
/service/email -> scaled amt as $30 with tax supplier as cycle
5) Create a customer (Cycle : Jan 19-Feb19)
6) Run Bill Now , Balance should be $51.95 which is inclusive of taxes (4% for usage, 3.5 % usage)
7) Do an event adjustment for the event (IP) for the first event [Jan-Feb] say a credit of $2
8) Open event browser and view details of Tax Event Adjustment and its
Balance Impacts :
Tax is calculated correct here $2* .35 =-0/07
9) Do an event adjustment for the event (email) for the first event
[Jan-Feb] say a credit of $2
10) Open event browser and view details of Tax Event Adjustment and its
Balance Impacts :
Tax is calculated correct with some junk values here
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document