DM_Oracle Refuses To Create /Reservation_list With Poid Value Above 2^31-1
(Doc ID 1432246.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 10, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 7.4.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On a 7.4 test system, the following issue was observed :
DM_Oracle throws error while trying to create /reservation_list object for newly created accounts if value of POID_IDS2 sequence is greater than 2147483647 (this is 2^31 - 1).
- Set the following parameter in cm pin.conf :
- fm_bal balance_coordinator 0
- increase poid_ids2 to a value greater than 2147483647
- create an account with a TELephony plan and Real Time Telco Session event
- execute opcode op_tcf_aaa_authorize from testnap so that it will try to create a reservation object.
Below is the error on testnap console:
In this context, we have the following queries:
- Why does this error happen? DM_Oracle should successfully create the reservation object.
- Is the purpose of seq_start (relevant field in dd_objects_t for /reservation_list object) to partition poid ranges between DM_Timos and DM_Oracle, so that objects with the same poid values are not created and that setting seq_start to 0 disables this "partitioning".
- How are POID values computed for newly created /reservation_list objects by DM_Timos ? Is it (seq_start + POID_IDS2 value), (seq_start + some internal DM_Timos counter) or (seq_start + balance_group poid value) ?
- Is it possible to configure seq_start value to have single working configuration for production environment and developer (non-DMTimos) environments? In particular: can we safely set seq_start to some high value for example 2^34 ?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document