Modifying Recurring Event Causes Inconsistency Between UWC And Outlook Connector
(Doc ID 1440962.1)
Last updated on MARCH 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Connector for Microsoft Outlook - Version 7.3 and later
Oracle Communications Calendar Server - Version 6.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A formerly changed event of a series disappears in Outlook Connector, when the whole series is being changed by Outlook Connector afterwards.
1) Log into Outlook Connector and create a new recurring event:
- starting on Monday,
- from 10AM to 11AM,
- fill in the subject and location, and
- make it daily recurring,and
- let it end after 5 occurrences.
The event should be created and visible in the week view in Outlook Connector.
2) Double click on the Wednesday event, select 'Open this occurrence', modify the time, so the event happens between 1PM and 2PM and save this event. The week view in Outlook Connector should display everything correctly.
3) Double click on the Monday event, select 'Open the series', click on
Recurrence and modify the start and end date so the event starts at 2PM and ends at 3PM.
Click OK and you will get a popup from Outlook :
Any exceptions associated with this recurring appointment will be cancelled. Is this OK ?.
Click OK and save the event.
4) When looking at the week view, you will see an instance for each day, all
But when refreshing the view (for example by going to another folder and then back to the Calendar), the Wednesday event will be gone.
Comms Express ( UWC) will still display the original 5 events.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document