Double Booking Error When Deleting An Instance Of A Recurring Event In Outlook Connector
(Doc ID 1442122.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Connector for Microsoft Outlook - Version 7.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If a resource calendar is invited and at least one of the remaining events has been declined by the resource calendar owner, deleting an event out of a series of recurring events leads to the error message :
Double booking not allowed
Steps to reproduce :
UserA using Outlook Connector
UserB, owner of ResourceB , using Outlook Connector
- UserA schedules :
- a recurring meeting, daily,
- for 5 consecutive days (for eg Monday to Friday),
- from 10 AM to 11 AM.
- UserA enters this meeting in his calendar, and invites ResourceB.
- After creating the meeting, it appears correctly in UserA's calendar. When UserB starts Outlook Connector and looks at the ResourceB, it appears correctly.
- UserB access the ResourceB calendar, opens the second instance of the meeting series (Tuesday), and clicks on Decline. Also select to send the response now. The second event disappears in the resource calendar.
- UserB creates a new meeting event in his calendar, on Tuesday, from 10AM to 11AM, and invites ResourceB. In the resource calendar, this event appears and is of course different from the recurring event.
- UserA now checks his calendar and still sees 5 events, but on the Tuesday event there is a change. When he checks the details, UserA can see that the ResourceB declined this event.
- When UserA now wants to delete the Thursday event, he selects the event and presses the Delete button. He selects to delete this occurrence, and sends the cancellation.
- Next, a popup from Microsoft Office Outlook appears :
Operation failed. Double booking is not allowed.
- After clicking OK, the Thursday meeting is still there, but as soon as a refresh is done (for example jumping to another folder and back), the meeting on Thursday is gone.
This popup only appears when another meeting gets scheduled on the declined event in the resource calendar.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document