Customer Center Displays Wrong Refund Amount
(Doc ID 1446122.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 7.4.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Testing a migration from an annual to a monthly plan. When looking at the newly created bill for this return, everything looks good: line 1 for the $81.72 charge and line # 2 is the pro-rated refund $532.48 annual charge (-$532.48).
The amount for refund for this account is $450.76 (-532.48+81.72), which is correct and also shows up on the GL detail.
But when clicking on the above refund details (balance > bill details > refund details), R1-xxxx, this lists the Refunded amount as $532.48, which is incorrect.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create an account with credit card for auto pay (do not collect payment at the account registration).
2. Purchase an annual product.
3. Run billing.(Payment is collected)
4. Cancel this product and purchase a monthly product with lower cycle fee.
5. Run billing (pin_mass_refund in pin_bill_day script).
(pin_mass_refund is run and this refunds the amount to customer.)
6. Click on the bill (it shows Refund 450.76, item details : -$532.48 and $81.72).
7. Check for AR actions on the bill, click on the refund item and check the amount. The "Refunded amount" shows 532.48 instead of 450.76.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document