Using Rules from Permissioning Center with Access Requested via JCA adapter
(Doc ID 1446558.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 29, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 7.4.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Consider the following use case:
1. A Microsoft .Net system will request the login and password of the user.
2. .Net system will validate this user in Microsoft Active Directory LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol).
3. The user access a .Net screen about customer data.
4. The user will perform a change in the customer data and will request to save.
5. .Net system will prepare a XML message with the customer data and also with the login and password (encrypted) of the user in the Header.
6. .Net system will send the message to Oracle Service Bus.
7. Oracle Service Bus will authenticate this user and password in Microsoft AD, via Oracle Web Services Manager (OWSM).
8. Oracle Service Bus will send this message to a BRM service, informing the same login and password of the user.
9. BRM will authenticate this login and password in Microsoft AD.
10. BRM will check if this user is authorized to execute the change customer transaction in the BRM permissions configuration.
11. BRM will return a SOAP fault that the user is not allowed to change Customer data (supposing it was configured in BRM to not allow the user to change customer data).
In the above use case, via web services, the authentication should use one specific user, configured in the Data Source of the JCA adapter.
This results in a situation that the Oracle Service Bus will authenticate into BRM using a system user (not the application user).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document