Severe System Error During Stock Count Completion With All Items
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 13.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Store Inventory Management (SIM) system, find that a severe system error is thrown when trying to complete stock count for all the child counts (breakdown by location) at the same time.
The following error can be found in sim.log:
ERROR-1 User: superuser Time: 3/15/12 10:05 PM Type: SimServerException Message: unable to query Root Cause: ORA-01795: maximum number of expressions in a list is 1000
Steps to recreate
- Make sure that there are more than 2000 in-store locations created with items ranged.
- Set the system parameter "Stock count null count quantity = 0" parameter to "Yes".
- Create a product group with type as "Unit" and include all the departments by selecting "All Departments" option in product group components section.
- Select "Hierarchy Breakdown" as Location and create the product group.
- Schedule the product group for the same day and create the stock count.
- From stock count screen, take snapshot of all the items at the same time. Status of all the locations changes to "In Progress".
- Select all locations and click "Complete". For the items that are not counted, counted quantity should be defaulted to zero.
- System throwing "Severe system error", completion of stock count in all locations is failing.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms