Last updated on JANUARY 03, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running the P6 Configuration Wizard that launches after installation of the P6 web based modules and attempting to establish connection to the database by choosing the option 'connect to an existing P6 EPPM 8.2 database' and entering the pubuser username/password credentials, the following error occurs when selecting 'Next' to advance to the next screen:
The supplied database user is not appropriate for the action you are trying to accomplish
This issue can be duplicated at will by using the following steps:
1. Browse to the p6 home directory (by default, /P6EPPM_1/p6
2. Launch the eppmconfig.cmd (or .sh if non-windows) file
3. At the welcome screen, select Next.
4. At the Database Configuration screen, select 'Connect to an existing P6 EPPM 8.2 database'
5. Enter in the appropriate connection details using the public username (by default, pubuser), and select Next
6. Note the error which occurs
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms