Last updated on JULY 11, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Agile Engineering Data Management - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 6.1.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Agile e6.1.1 and e126.96.36.199 with the Java Client and the Officesuite for Office 2003 and 2007 find that if a user uses drag&drop on the files tab to add a file to an already existing Office document, the file type of the Office document does not change to "Container" but is kept (no matter what kind of file was added). That way the document is not recognized as a container document and the Officesuite does not check out all files when executing the appropriate function. Only the first file is checked out (the other file(s) cannot be checked out by the Officesuite any more). When rechecking in that file with the Officesuite all attached files are overwritten with that one file => loss of data possible.
Like other Officesuite functions that add a file to an office document drag&drop of a second file onto the files tab should update the file type of the Office document, too.
1. Create a new Office document by dragging and dropping a file from the Windows Explorer into the Officesuite form EDB-DOC-GDM-TFR
2. Open the files tab in EDB-DOC-GDM-TFR (be aware that the newly created document is still in the main form)
3. Drag&Drop another file from the Windows explorer to the files tab: Progress monitor is displayed and the file is checked in to the Office document.
4. Change back to the general tab.
5. Refresh Office document mask and be aware that the newly created document is still in the main form => File type of the document has not changed (it is still the original type according to the first file checked in on creation of that document no matter what file type the file has that was checked in thereafter).
6. In the main mask use Officesuite function to check out: From context menu select File Functions | Check-out => only the first file is checked out
7. Modify the checked out file and recheck it in => Message appears: 'Document not unreservable! Found more files for update.' And finally: 'Reservation for "10000006" has been removed.'
8. When checking the files tab of the document it is visible that all files have the same Original File Name now. 9. When checking the contents of both files in the vault it comes out that both files are the same (contents is the updated first file)
=> Second file was overwritten without any notice.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms