Dates and Decimals are Not Displayed in Correct Format After Changing NLS_DATE_FORMAT and NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS on the Application Server
Last updated on DECEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System - Version 13.1 to 13.1.5 [Release 13.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance 23-Dec-2013
In Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System (RWMS) Release 13.1, multiple forms and reports have issues displaying dates and decimals after setting below parameters in the Application Server:
Changing the Native Language Support (NLS) settings affected multiple modules and issues similar to below were seen (note that these are just some examples):
1. Appointments> Reports> Unappointed PO Report showed the date as 'DD MON YYYY' instead of 'DD-MM-YYYY'.
2. Appointments> Reports> Appointment Compliance Report fails with "TERMINATED_WITH_ERROR".
3. Appointments> Reports> Door Utilization Report keeps displaying multiple debug messages "please acknowledge" and finally fails.
4. Appointments> Reports> Planned Receipts Report fails with warning alert: "Unable to run report.'.
5. Distribution Planning> Reports> Pending Picks Report shows the dates as 'DD-MON-RR' and decimals as a dot.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms