Payment Reversal Is Not Working For Suspended And MBI Distributed Payments
Last updated on OCTOBER 29, 2012
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 7.4.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There are 2 issues identified while performing reversals in payment tool.
Issue 1) Unable to perform reversal of suspended payments
1. Run Payment Tool.
2. Choose wire transfer payment batch(for example) and make a suspended payment.
3. Choose wire transfer reversal batch to reverse a payment
4. Enter Payment Id and Click Validate. The following message is displayed in the status bar : "The payment ID does not exist or payment ID specified can not be reversed ". And one cannot proceed to reverse the suspended payment.
Issue 2) Unable to perform reversal of MBI ( Multi Bill Info ) payments
- created a plan with 2 services and under Track Balances , created 2 bal groups (BG1 - /service/ip , BG2 - /service/email)
- created an account with above plan and 2 billinfos ( BI1 -> BG2 , BI2 -> BG2 )
- on billing date , ran billing for the account. 2 bills will be produced with respective balance amounts.
Now in Payment Tool, perform the following steps :
1. Insert Check Payment (Bill level) and provide only account number.
2. Press validate payment in Payment tool.
3. The specific payment will be distributed to multiple bill units within the account. Upon validation, status of the payment will change to "MBI distibution".
4. Press Submit. Notice that the 2 bills now have zero balance. ( Here BRM will create a payment in suspense account, reverse the payment to reallocate to final items. Multiple payment objects are created in BRM.
- One original payment with status =15 and multiple distributed payments. Sub_transaction ID of distributed payments is the same as transaction id of original payment.
- One reversal object of original payment from suspense. )
5. Now, select Check Reversal Batch.
6. Fill Trans_ID (Payment ID) of original payment in step 4.
7. Press validate so as to validate payment reversal in Payment Tool.
At this step status message will show that "payment id not found..." and therefore payment reversal could not be validated.
Expected result :
Payment validated successfully
Submit reversal (result in BRM: all distributed payments are reversed and balance of account is restored)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms