Issue with MAX_REDELIVERY_THRESHOLD Count and Poison Message Failures - RIB Considers a Valid Message As Poisonous
(Doc ID 1456559.1)
Last updated on MAY 19, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Retail Integration Bus - Version 13.2 to 13.2.4 [Release 13.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When messages fail due to some API or valid business exception errors, they are getting logged into Error Hospital and are being considered as poisonous. They were not getting retried until the MAX_ATTEMPT_COUNT is reached in RIB_MESSAGE table. With this issue the relevant adapter is also shutting down.
The following exceptions are observed in the logs.
Steps to Reproduce :
1. Consider XVendor message family
2. Insert a message into etEXTVendor such that the message fails business validation and fails into RIB_MESSAGE table.
3. After failing into RIB_MESSAGE table for the business exception, when it retries IN_QUEUE field of RIB_MESSAGE changes to 1
4. But the Vendor Subscriber shuts down
5. Message does not remain in topic etEXTVendor either.
6. Message fails due to the above exceptions mentioning the valid xml as poison message.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document