Cannot Accept a Local Event With Many Data Elements in Argus Due to 'Sys.Webforms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException' Error
Last updated on JUNE 30, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Argus Safety - Version 5.0.0 to 6.0.4 [Release 5.0.0 to 6.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 11-Sep-2015***
1. In Argus Affiliate, create a Local Event with many data elements, for example:
2 Relevant History
2 Lab Data
2 Reporter Information
2. Route the Local Event to Central
3. Navigate to Argus Safety > Local Affiliate > Incoming Review and query for the Local Event
4. Select Accept Local Event
5. In the Affiliate Acceptance webpage dialog, check Import for all data elements and click on Accept Initial (or Accept Followup)
6. Receive an Internet Explorer Script Error:
The status code returned from the server was: 500
URL: https//<machine_name>.<domain>/ArgusNET/LAM/InitialFollowupAcceptance.aspx ...
7. The http trace file (obtained using Doc ID 1037979.1) contains:
System.Web.HttpValueCollection.FillFromEncodedBytes(Byte bytes, Encoding encoding) +61
8. The Local Event cannot be accepted into Argus Central
This occurs every time for all users, but only for specific cases / follow ups which contain a lot of data elements.
The Argus web server was recently patched with certain Windows Security Patches, for example:
Security Update for Windows Server 2003
Updates for .NET Framework 2.0 SP 2:
The same problem has been reported by another customer with a different set of Security Updates for Windows Server 2003 and Updates for .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 applied.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms