Advanced Shipment Notice (ASN) Creates Duplicate Record in SHIPSKU Table Instead of Updating the Existing Record
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 12.0.10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This article will be updated as official patch information becomes available.
Advanced Shipment Notice (ASN) creates a duplicate record in SHIPSKU table instead of updating the existing record.
Steps to Recreate:
1. Create an order.
2. Create an ASN in RWMS using GUI. ASNInCre message will be send to RMS.
3. ASNInCre does not hold any disposition code and hence SHIPSKU.INV_STATUS is set to -1.
4. When ASN is received in RWMS, ReceiptCre message will be send to RMS with the disposition code as RIP (Receipt in Progress).
5. RIP needs to be mapped to an INV_STATUS type such that it is unavailable (inv_status other than null and -1) until put away is done.
6. This creates a problem as when ReceiptCre is consumed: To disposition is RIP. It creates a duplicate record in SHIPSKU table instead of updating the existing record.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms