SecMigrate.exe Deletes Features - Datasource permissions when Run on Security Database
(Doc ID 1470345.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 07, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Load Profiling and Settlement - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the SecMigrate.exe facility is run on a security database it deletes all the custom and datasource permissions.
1. The SecMigrate facility should be run to convert the v4.53 database schema to the 1.5 version.
2. This executable takes each of the user/group clobs for features out of the database. It looks for old privileges and replaces them with new privileges. For any patterns that is does not recognize, it leaves it alone. Then it replaces the old clob with the new clob.
3. This is only for features. The data side should be identical. Even the features->data access is the same as in earlier versions.
4. It does nothing with table security.
5. It will leave custom security alone, so custom XSDs would not be changed during an upgrade.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Connect lssecure.cfg.xml to a security db
2. Secure the account table under the datasource - features menu
3. Add a user and gave permissions to the account table under the features - datasource menu item (eg. insert, update, delete)
4. Ran SecMigrate on this database
5. Refresh the user permissions - there are no longer any boxes checked under the features - datasource - account item.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document