Incorrect Value Populated In DATE_RANGE_TYPE Column In RATE_TIERS_T Table
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 21, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 7.4.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a product is created with the RATE_TIERS as RELATIVE & then exported as an XML and again imported that XML in Pricing Center and commited, then it has got the value of DATE_RANGE_TYPE set to 2.
BRM Documentation (BRM Documentation->Setting Up Pricing and Rating->Pricing Center Help->Setting up real-time rate plans->Defining single rate plans->Defining valid time periods->About absolute and relative date ranges) refers that we can have value of either 0 (Absolute) or 1 (Relative) for the column of DATE_RANGE_TYPE in RATE_TIERS_T table.
Incorrect value 2 got populated for the same.
Steps followed to replicate the issue:
1. Create a Product with two tiers, having default values of Effectives Dates as "Relative" and Starts/Ends as "Immediately/Never ends".
2. Without committing the Pricing Center, Export this Product in XML format.
3. Restart Pricing Center and now, Import this XML.
4. Drag the Product into the WorkArea and commit the database.
5. Check "DATE_RANGE_TYPE" column of "RATE_TIERS_T" table. We can see "DATE_RANGE_TYPE=2" in the database.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms