Last updated on OCTOBER 18, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control - Version 4.4.1 and later
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
Expenditure balance types are not updated when the expenditure type is set to Wallet
What are Expenditure Balance Types?
Expenditure balance types are used as a basis for calculating promotions.
Expenditure is updated by expenditure against chargeable balances which:
- Have the 'Contributes to Expenditure Plans' flag set to 'Y'
- Are included in an Expenditure Plan which is included in a CLI-DN or Billable Event.
Expenditure Type is used to accrue daily, weekly, monthly, annual and total wallet expenditure.
Expenditure is calculated based on charges applied to chargeable wallet balance types which have the 'Contributes to Expenditure Plans' flag set.
Expenditure balance types can have one of the following Expenditure Types:
The expenditure type determines the period used to extend the expiry date. When the expenditure type is:
- Daily, the expiry date will be extended by one day
- Weekly, the expiry date will be extended by seven days
- Monthly, the expiry date will be extended by one month
- Yearly, the expiry date will be extended by one year
- Wallet, the expiry date will be extended to match the current expiry date for the wallet.
The following error appears in the slee_acs debug
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Set up 3 Expenditure balances:
- Total Calls (count)
- Total Usage (money)
- Total Time (time)
The count Expentiture balance uses the following Balance Unit:
Services > Prepaid Charging > Wallet Management
Select the Balance Units tab. Create a new Balance Unit called Count. The others use Cash and Time.
- For each Expenditure balance use set the Expenditure type to 'Wallet' because we want the expiry to be the same as the Wallet (which is never expires).
- Ensure the expenditure balances are all part of the 'Balance tracker' Expenditure plan attached to the CLI-DN.
- Conduct a test call. The Expenditure balance types are not updated when the subscriber makes a call.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms