Last updated on MARCH 24, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 13.2.3 to 13.2.5 [Release 13.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Store Inventory Management (SIM), we find that Point of Service (POS) transactions update the same snapshot for all items in a stock count containing more than 27000 items. The POS transactions from POS to SIM through WebServices update the COUNT_SNAPSHOT in the STOCK_COUNT_LINE_ITEM table for all items with the same snapshot value calculated for the single item in the POS transaction. Whenever the sale transaction updates the snapshot column in the stock count table, it does not update only that item but also all the items in that stock count. If the sale is indeed a Late sale, the snapshot should be updated only for the items which are the in Sale transaction.
Steps to Recreate:
1. Set the Polling Timer for POS Transaction only stopped.
2. Create a Product Group with Third Party Stock Count, Variance values as 0 and Auto Authorize.
3. Select All Departments option, so that all the items in that store are included in that Product Group.
4. Create a Schedule for the current date and generate a stock count from the Product Group Scheduler screen.
5. Open the stock count and take a snapshot for all the Stock Count Locations or a specific Stock Count Location ID in that Stock Count.
6. Verify that the COUNT_SNAPSHOT matches the TOTAL_QUANTITY column in the RK_STORE_ITEM_SOH table.
7. Generate a valid POS Transaction from POS and send it to the SIM Staged Messages table through WebServices for that store.
8. Start the Polling Timer for the POS Transaction.
9. Once the POS transaction is processed, note that all the snapshot quantities are updated to the same value.
10. All the items in the other counts are also updated, even if they are in New status.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms